August 28, 2008

Notes from afar - er, Medford

(This update courtesy of Erik, my husband:)

"Just your garden variety update"

After having a garden, I guess you'd think differently about that aphorism huh? hardly means plain or commonplace around here.
anyway, before i forget I just had a nice conversation with Antonia [our neighbor] and the transcript is roughly this:

A: where'a 's my honey?
E: Denver
A: Oha thatsa nice. She'a take'a da pictures?
E: Yes
A: mama mia, (a bunch of other words ending in "i") ... peachy
E: (Nodding)
A: She does a nice'a job with the place (referring to yard)
E: Indeed
A: When you talk'a to'a her, you tell my sweetheart I say'a hello.

So antonia says hello, and a lot of other stuff as well that was lost in translation.

So, to the update. In the process of watering our friends, I discovered a few new things which I thought you'd be interested in:

Picture 1: The Pumpkin that is "Not a Pumpkin" has begun to turn orange.

Picture 2: Perhaps most excitingly, you have one sole blueberry on your bushes now. Can't wait to split it with you.

Picture 3: The purple bean bush is producing at a very nice rate and the ripening tomatoes are actually pacing themselves well. This is a picture of some of what has been harvested in your absence.

Good luck with the last day of DNC madness. Looking forward to having you home tomorrow.
Talk to me when you can....
Much love.
Erik

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I KNEW that was a pumpkin! And such a cute little one . . .

Ramona loved the spider video. Now she thinks all the photos are videos, and so wants me to "click on the pumpkin one so I can see it grow."

Dina said...

I swear, it's not a pumpkin! I planted those seeds from a packet my mom sent me, and it said "some type of great squash, forget the name." I'm going to call her and demand that she clear my name and tell me what the hell kind of not-pumpkin squash it is!

Also, I can just hear Ramona asking to click on the picture to watch it grow. That is enough to keep me smiling for days. I hope in the future to have more video, but truly, gardens + video? Might be a tad boring. I'll consider it a challenge.