January 11, 2010

Seeds they are a-comin'!

Seeds!


Here they are!! Some have already arrived. Now I have to figure out what to start early indoors and what to put out in the cold frames. I'm thinking the two kales are going to be early pioneers this year.

Oh, before I forget, do NOT plant beans and beets next to each other. I did this last year and wondered why both crops were so puny - apparently they inhibit each other's growth! Who knew?

Seed you later...

(Oh, and if you want to do some good online ordering, I recommend www.seedsavers.org and www.burpee.com. Those are the two I used.)

1 comment:

Ikwig said...

Lucky! I wish I had seeds on the way! After two years of only being able to manage a few herbs and a bay tree in pots, I'm garden-starved! I've really enjoyed reading through your blog and looking at all the gorgeous pics, though (and your pesto recipe looks delicious - I wonder if my hubby would eat it if I just didn't mention the anchovies, heh). I'll look forward to reading about your garden (and seeing lots more beautiful photos)in the coming months!